Friday, July 19, 2013

Sailing Through Stormy Seas


I have been to stormy seas. You have no idea how many storms have struck me. You can never imagine how furiously the tempests whipped me, the turbulent waves tossing me to-and-fro, up and down. My body became enervated, and yet....

I refused to give in to fear even amidst the scary darkness that enveloped me and the thought of death trying to swallow me up. 

I braved them all. I summoned whatever strength I had to learn how to sail my ship, and I made it. I conquered the storms, I survived.




Those were the days of long ago.

Now, whatever storms may lash at me, however violent, I don't shrink back in fear....

For I have mastered the art of sailing through the raging storms in the sea. And I know that I can get to the shore safe and uninjured.

"For all things I have the strength by virtue of him who imparts power to me."
Philippians 4:13