Friday, May 24, 2013

Unwell


One of the most unpleasant feelings is that of being sick when spring is smiling beautifully and everywhere is saturated with colors and sunshine. Who wants to be sick, stay home and miss all these spring's joyous outdoor activities?

I had to cancel my scheduled job for today on account of this temporarily debilitating illness that knocked me down since last night. I was hoping to get better today but the illness persisted. I had been looking forward to this job and didn't want to miss it because I really love my jobs, and I like this particular woman I was supposed to work for today. So, I was forced to ask my boss to find a replacement for me.

I'm staying home the whole day, lying down most of the time, which is really distressing for this one who likes to do many things and is always in motion. Like what I usually say, "the hardest thing for me to do is doing nothing."  But my body needs rest too, especially when it's being worn down by an unavoidable illness.  In a way, I alternated between lying down, writing and reading, which is good enough for me. And I keep looking outside to feast my eyes momentarily on what spring is doing - such miraculous sights! Yes, miracles that bespeak of our Creator's great love for all his creations.






There are still many things that I want to write here, most especially the unfolding wonders of spring, but my body is too weak to sit longer in front of my laptop, though my mind is always galloping. But I will surely include them in my memoirs even though they're already behind.

So now, I'm surrendering to unwellness, though trying to make the most of my condition. Just looking at all the young green leaves rustling in the breeze is enough to give me inner strength and the feeling of being in the gentle arms of our ever-loving Creator.