Thursday, December 16, 2010

Preserving Autumn

I wouldn't let autumn pass by without having a tangible memento of its glory that has been photographically etched in my mind and has bathed my whole being. I gathered leaves from different trees that thrive here, but not all of them, and preserved them between the pages of thick catalogues given away by some big stores. At first, I didn't know what to do with the leaves apart from just keeping them there or making some cards. Later on, I came up with this idea.




This one too, which is entirely made up of maple leaves in different shades.



Now I’m quite satisfied with my simple handiwork  which I hang on our wall, a perpetual reminder of the first autumn that I have ever experienced.

4 comments:

  1. Have you spent you previous autumns in the tropics?
    You have turned autumn into art, and love;y art at that. Well done.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, I'm from the tropical islands of the Philippines, where I spent all my life before I moved to Sweden just a year ago.
    Thanks, Arija, for the compliment. I appreciate it so much.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What wonderful work you did on these! Really lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love both of these, and the creativity you've shown. It's such an interesting thing to consider - that you've only known one autumn. You've made me feel rich with the many I've experienced in my life.

    ReplyDelete