Saturday, September 4, 2010

September

The first  morning of September opened with clear blue sky and radiant sun peering through the congregated birch and pine trees not far from our apartment. The ground was wet with the previous night's dew and the grasses still glittered with the tiny dewdrops that clung to them.

I'll never forget how strange the last night of August had been. The sky in the backdrop was dark gray and yet, the setting sun's brilliance coated this apartment building with warm glow.   I took these photos at about 8:00 p.m. 






I had to go out early that morning for my class in a language school. As I stepped out of the apartment building, the chilly air suddenly enveloped me and even penetrated the layers of clothing that I had put on. I shivered as I walked to the bus stop, all the while thinking that summer was gone. Was it really the start of autumn? The thought piqued my excitement. I couldn't wait to see the leaves transform into blazing warm colors. 

There's something different in the air, the sky and the sun this month. I can't explain it but it's there, I can feel it. Everything in nature bespeaks of the departure of summer and heralds the coming of autumn. Most of the birch leaves are gradually turning yellow.




And before I know it, the whole place will have dramatically exploded into a blend of warm colors. That would be the first autumn in my life. And I'm waiting fervently.

2 comments:

  1. Congratulations sister on your writings skills. You are some writer...As for me, I took my first steps in literature some time ago, as our Portuguese and Brazilian Literature at the University, encouraged a few students to write something that would be published in a book. Guess what? I did it! And I did it again. Can you read in Portuguese? If you say Yes, I could mail the book to Sweden. How about that? Best regards to all the brothers and sisters in your congregation. Let´s keep on talking about that and more...Love, Silvia, your sister in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Silvia, for your inspiring comments. I really love to write but sometimes, I can't write everything that I want to write because I don't really have much time, as I'm also in the full-time service.
    I would love to read your book but unfortunately, I can't understand Portuguese.
    Do you have an account here? I would love to read your blogs if you have. I hope to hear from you again.
    Agape,
    Charlene

    ReplyDelete