Thursday, September 16, 2010

Changing Colors

One Swedish song has this line about summer, "sommaren är kort", meaning the summer is short. And yes, summer is over now, and it seemed short. There's so much to do during the bright warm summer days but the whole season is not long enough to accomplish everything that one wants to do.

And now, autumn is here, but I heartily welcome it too. Like the other seasons, autumn has its own loveliness to flaunt. At the  onset, I was so excited to see the slight changes in the colors of the birch and aspen leaves, from green to light yellow. 




Later on, the yellow hues became more intense and expanded as more leaves gradually changed colors.



Then came the orange, pink and red colors of the bushes and the mountain ash trees.












Most maples still keep their dark green pigments but some are already crowned with dazzlingly warm colors which are gradually spreading through all the leaves.



Many more trees haven't transformed into their blazing hues yet, while some have already shed much of their yellowed leaves.



And I'm always on the lookout for further changes while taking lots of pictures of everything that fascinates me. I can't wait to see all the trees (except the evergreens, of course) transformed into an explosion of brilliant fall colors. I want to watch the leaves being blown by the wind, to feel the falling leaves showering on me and to tread on a thick carpet of autumn leaves.

Yes, I'll keep waiting, and I know that I'm going to love this season too.


1 comment:

  1. I am so envious of your fall colors! And you show them beautifully.

    ReplyDelete