Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Amazingly Tiny

Since I moved to this country, I've been discovering flowers that I've never seen in my homeland. Many that I've seen only in pictures are not really as big as I had thought them to be. I'm often amazed at the sight of how tiny a flower that seemed big can be. And I keep discovering other kinds that  I've never known before.

I just find them out accidentally. Like whenever I walk, and I see interspersed among the grasses some white dots that don't seem to have any design at all. But after an up-close scrutiny, I realize that they are tiny flowers with amazing designs.

Here are some examples that I photographed.



the eyebright weeds






These look like forget-me-not but each flower is as tiny as each petal of forget-me-not






pink weeds, don't know the name  too





lily-of-the-valley





tiny white weeds, less than 1/2 inch




bugleweeds



Such meticulous designs in tiny things speak about how much love and care our Creator has put in them and how unfathomable his wisdom is. And if these tiny things deserve all his love and care, how much more so with us humans whom he created in his image?


6 comments:

  1. Dear sister,

    I was really amazed by the design of the tiny flowers Jehovah gave us so generously. Thanks for sharing. Love,

    Silvia
    Rio de Janeiro, Brazil

    ReplyDelete
  2. The tiny flowers are so delicate! Thank you for sharing your beautiful pictures! Have a nice week ahead!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a wonderful selection of tiny blossoms. It's amazing how many different plants there are around the world.

    ReplyDelete
  4. These little blossoms are beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dear Manang,
    How awesome these tiny flowers are. I wonder why they are called weeds, when they are miracles of Jehovah's creation. they are like some friends I know whose beauty needs to be seen closely in order to appreciate how truly beautiful they are inside and out.
    Thanks for the pictures, Manang.
    love,
    loida

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Charlene! :-)

    I am always taken by your style of writing, your beautiful photography, and all of the artwork that you share! Everything that you do reflects your warm and encouraging personality.

    I didn't realize that you also blogged here! Added myself as a follower so that I won't miss your posts.

    ((((((Take care & love you much my sister))))))

    Fondly,
    ~Jacqueline

    ReplyDelete